Alternative Leathers Co. offers a large collection of plant-based and 100% vegan leather. They have collaborated with the world’s leading suppliers of plant-based materials and large well-known brands.
Images are just visual aids created by EcoHive to give the viewer a general idea of what the vendor can offer. They are based on what can be found in the vendor’s webshop. They do not represent how the products actually look, nor do they showcase the entire product offering of the vendor. For more information, check out the portfolio section or visit the vendor’s website.
About Alternative Leathers
- Piñatex [Pineapple Leather]
- Desserto [Cactus Leather]
- Vegea [Grape Leather]
Eco Benefits of the Materials
- Piñatex: Made out of fibres extracted from pineapple leaves in the Philippines
- Desserto : Made out of cactus leaves (Nopal cactus)
- Vegea: Made out of grape skins, stalks and seeds that are left over from the wine making process
- Plant wastes are put into good use instead of just throwing them out for having no use
- Cacti used for Desserto are a natural carbon sink, the more cacti planted, the more CO2 will be absorbed, and the better for the environment
- Raw materials require no additional environmental resources to produce
Alternative Leathers Co. was founded in order to move the plant-based materials industry forward. The founders believe that the textiles industry plays a crucial role in moving towards a more sustainable future.
“To make the world’s most innovative plant-based materials easily accessible to everyone.”