Images are just visual aids created by EcoHive to give the viewer a general idea of what the vendor can offer. They are based on what can be found in the vendor’s webshop. They do not represent how the products actually look, nor do they showcase the entire product offering of the vendor. For more information, check out the portfolio section or visit the vendor’s website.
- Sugarcane Bagasse
Eco Benefits of the Materials
- Sugarcane bagasse is an agricultural byproduct from sugarcane extraction. It is normally thrown away, but in this case, it is given a second life as material for paper. It serves as an alternative to tree-based paper packaging, or plastic-based packaging.
- Since bagasse is a waste product, the raw material does not have any additional carbon footprint.
- Air pollution due to the burning of bagasse is also avoided.
- Econtainer products are certified to not contain any PFAS. (PFAS (Per- and Polyfluoroakyl substances) are synthetic chemicals which are used by some food packaging to repel oil and water. There are claims that these chemicals are harmful to health.)
- Econtainer uses 100% natural starch coating as an alternative in making our products oil and water-resistant.