Tokoencit offers a wide range of customizable, eco-friendly fabric made with TENCEL™, as well as eco-print fabrics.
CATEGORIESClothing and Accessories Textile & Fabric
1. TENCEL™ (Lyocell and Modal Fibers)
- Tokoencit’s Euca fabrics are mostly 100% TENCEL™
- Their Lyco fabrics are a blend of lyocell fibers and cotton
- Their Moco fabrics are a blend of Modal fibers and Cotton
2. Natural Plants and Leaves are used for Tokoencit’s Eco-Print Fabrics
Eco Benefits of the Materials
- TENCEL™ fibers are branded lyocell and modal fibers by the Austrian company Lenzing AG. The lyocell fibers are made from the wood pulp from eucalyptus trees, while the modal fibers are from Beech wood. These fibers are produced through environmentally responsible processes, more specifically a closed-loop process.
- Compared to traditional cotton, Tencel consumes less water and energy. It also requires fewer chemical dyes.
- Traditional fabric production is often chemically-intensive and uses some harmful substances like sodium hydroxide. But Tencel uses N-Methylmorpholine N-oxide instead. It is a solution that is easily recoverable so almost none of it is dumped into the environment. It is recycled and reused to produce more fiber, thereby creating a closed loop.
- Tencel is made from wood that comes from sustainably managed PEFC or FSC tree plantations.
- The fibers are certified as biodegradable and compostable, and thus can fully revert back to nature.
- Tokoencit uses a handcraft technique for the products under the Eco-Print Fabrics line. The pigment colors from natural leaves or plants are transferred to the fabric by steaming and pressing. No harmful chemicals are used in the process.