Images are just visual aids created by EcoHive to give the viewer a general idea of what the vendor can offer. They are based on what can be found in the vendor’s webshop. They do not represent how the products actually look, nor do they showcase the entire product offering of the vendor. For more information, check out the portfolio section or visit the vendor’s website.
About Vegan Supplies
- Piñatex: Made of fibre from the leaves of the pineapple plant
- Desserto: Oorganic material made of Nopal Cactus
Eco Benefits of the Materials
- Materials are produced using energy-and-water-efficient agricultural processes.
- Low CO2 emitted during the production process.
- No animals were slaughtered for their skin to produce leather fabric.
- Waste leaves of pineapple plants are given a second life instead of ending up as waste in landfills.
- Each linear meter of Piñatex® prevents the equivalent of 12kg CO2 from being emitted.
- A preliminary life cycle analysis has shown that the production of Desserto® fabrics uses 0.7% of the water used for producing PU, and 0.06% of the water used for making animal leather.
Vegan Supplies aimsa “to see all animal based fabrics replaced with sustainable alternatives”.
Vegan Supplies wants to achieve their vision by “making leather alternatives as easily available as possible.”