Paperwise offers sustainable paper and board that can be used for office, print, and packaging products. The company uses agricultural waste to create its supplies. 

The environmental impact of PaperWise products is 47% lower than paper made from trees, and 29% lower than recycled paper.


Copy Paper
Cup (disposable)
Paper (rolls)
Paper (sheets)

Images are just visual aids created by EcoHive to give the viewer a general idea of what the vendor can offer. They are based on what can be found in the vendor’s webshop. They do not represent how the products actually look, nor do they showcase the entire product offering of the vendor. For more information, check out the portfolio section or visit the vendor’s website.


Copy and Print paper
Print Cards
Envelopes and Folders
Printed Material
Takeaway Packaging
Food and Beverage Packaging
Clothing Packaging
Paper Bags
Cosmetics and Personal Care Packaging
Fashion Accessory Packaging
Gift Packaging

About PaperWise


  • Agricultural and Plant Waste

Eco Benefits of the Materials

  • The environmental impact of PaperWise is 47% lower than FSC paper from wood fibers, and 29% lower than recycled paper (IVAM University of Amsterdam research).


  • The majority of the Paperwise products consists of 100% agri-waste.
  • The company collects agricultural waste from low-to-middle income countries.
  • Cellulose is extracted from agricultural waste and converted into high quality sustainable paper and paperboard.
  • The paper yield per hectar of collected waste is almost 1.5 times higher than trees.
  • The company’s production process is CO2 neutral.

Sustainability Programs

Circular Economy, Waste and Carbon Reduction

PaperWise, together with 1500 customers in 19 countries, has given more than 9 million kilos of agricultural waste a second life. They have saved 13,500,000 kg of CO₂ by saving this waste from being burned.

Making a Big Difference to Local Communities.

Small-scale farmers in developing countries often receive income only for the food that the plant produces, which is about 20% of the actual plant. The remaining 80% is waste that is usually thrown away.

Because PaperWise works with factories in India and South America, farmers are able to earn from 100% of their plants by selling the waste to these companies. Paperwise works with these factories and local farmers to help increase investments in education, infrastructure, and healthcare.


Founder Peter van Rosmalen was asked by his six-year-old granddaughter the following: ‘Granddad, if you use everything up, what will be left for us?’. This inspired him to start his own paper revolution (and innovation).

Peter quit permanent employment and started his search for factories that could process agricultural waste into high-quality paper and board. Unfortunately, European factories were not ready for this innovation, so he turned to India and South America. He selected paper factories that met the following criteria:

(1) Agricultural waste is used as a raw material,
(2) high-quality products can be produced consistently, and
(3) chain partners focus on and enforce policy concerning sustainable entrepreneurship.


To become the leading brand in making environmentally friendly and socially responsible paper and board from agricultural waste


To change the paper industry and make a positive contribution to the well-being of people and nature worldwide.